The Institute of Quantity Surveyors of Kenya (IQSK) is a non-political and non-profit making organization which was founded in 1994 with the objects of:
- Promoting the general advancement of the practice of Quantity Surveying and its application in Kenya including facilitating the exchange of information of the Institute and otherwise.
- Doing all things which the council of the Institute may deem proper, including advising Government, public bodies and other individuals on matters concerning quantity surveying.
- Cooperating with universities and other educational institutions and public education authorities for furtherance of education and training in quantity surveying and practice.
- Printing, publishing, selling, lending or distributing the proceedings or reports of the Institute or any papers, communications, works or treaties of Quantity Surveying or its application or subjects connected herewith.
- Cooperating with the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors, and other relevant societies on matters concerning Quantity Surveying education, training, examinations and practice.
HOW IS IQSK ORGANISED?
The secretariat of the Institute is located on Ring Road Junction, off Lenana Road, Nairobi. To further its aims and objects, the Institute can set up branches in any part of the country. The Institute has standing committees to advise the Council on academic and professional standards membership, training and other such matters.
- The Institute has an established secretariat which carries out such executive functions as are necessary to allow the council to discharge its administrative responsibilities.
- The institute is in the process of establishing specialized sections of the Institute e.g. Construction Project Management.
The management of the affairs and business of the institute is vested in and conducted by an elected council. The council is composed of the office bearers, the most recent past chairman and not more than five corporate members elected at an Annual General Meeting. The executive and full council meeting takes place monthly.